Today, we are going to provide an extensive guide to you related to your Mac OS based computer or laptop. We are going to discuss the instructions for setting up Wi-Fi connection on your Mac computer and how you can access Charter Email from it.
All the steps, which we are going to discuss today are verified and approved by the official Charter link as well. So, if you are configuring the Email for the first time, then there is no need to wander around here and there. In case you find any problem, you can contact at Charter Email Support number available 24×7.
Steps To Setup Wi-Fi Connection
- Open the home screen of your computer and click on ‘AirPort’ utility icon. You will also find the icon under the app list.
- Click on the wireless network and search for your home Wi-Fi network from the list of devices.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and click to connect to it.
- Enter the authentication password of your Wi-Fi network and click ok.
Additional Tips: Apart from the above-mentioned steps, there are some additional tips, which you can follow or observe while connecting to the network.
- You will see that the airport utility icon is light gray, when not hooked up to the network.
- If the utility icon is not appearing on the screen, then follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Tap on ‘Apple’ button and go to device ‘preferences’ from the new window.
- Go to ‘Network’ from the Internet and Network menu.
- Here, click on the Airport option and configure the wireless network over it.
- Check the box which says, ‘Place and show Airport option in the menu bar’.
- Enable the Airport option from the icon to connect it to the wireless internet by following the same instructions as discussed in the above steps.
Configuring a Spectrum Charter Email login on your computer : The steps to configure the email on your Mac based computer are discussed below :
- First of all, connect your computer to the internet.
- Open the mail option given on the top of your computer screen.
- Click on ‘Accounts’ from the ‘Preferences’ option provided in the drop down menu.
- Click on ‘+’ button to add an account in the window.
- Welcome to new mail message will appear on the screen. Enter Username, Complete Charter Com Login address, and password. No field should be left blank.
- Now, you are required to enter the following settings in the space provided to configure email smoothly.
- Your name: Here you need to enter your name.
- Email address: Charter mail address followed by @charter.net.
- Server information and account type to be selected: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: The mail server IP is mobile.charter.net
- Outgoing mail server: mobile.charter.net. This is again same as incoming mail server address.
- Sign-in information: In the username field, you need to enter your complete Charter mail address along with the @charter.com.
- Enter the password in the next field to validate and authenticate your account. For any type of Charter Help, you can contact at official customer support number or email your query on the charter mail account.
- Now enter the valid port number for incoming IMAP server: 993.
- For outgoing server, enter 587
- You must turn on SSL settings for both the IMAP and SMTP servers.
- When prompted for entering the authentication type, click on ‘password’ and check mark on ‘use same incoming server settings’ option.
This is all about the setup process. We hope you can easily configure the mail on your computer after reading these simple and detailed steps.