To set up Charter Email on your Samsung Galaxy phone, you need to perform the steps mentioned in this post. We want to mention here that you can add more than one account on your phone to use it for personal as well as for job purpose.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps for setting up a charter account on Samsung Galaxy phone. If you are using any different product, then the steps may slightly vary.
- Open the mail icon on your phone from the home screen. IF the option is not available on the home screen, then you can open it from the menu followed by ‘Apps’. You will definitely find this app inside it.
- Now, the setup screen will be opened on the front screen. Enter Charter Com Login address and password in the fields provided. Now, click on ‘Manual’ settings option to configure the information manually.
- You will be directed to the screen where you find 3 options in front of you. POP3 account, IMAP account, and Microsoft exchange account. Select your preference from the following options. Most of the times, you will be allowed to select from POP3 and IMAP only. It is recommended to use IMAP settings for your email account. If you don’t know the difference between the two, then you can search it online.
- After selecting the account type, you will be required to enter the information in the following fields.
- Username : Enter the Full email address of your charter email login.
- Password : Enter the password you used to log in with.
- Port : Select the port number which your phone will use to connect to the server. The port number for different types of security type are mentioned here; If you are not using any security type, then Select 143 as a port number, If you are using SSL, then add 993 in the port number field.
- You will be prompted to enter a prefix for IMAP path. Leave this field as it is.
- After entering the settings for POP3 or IMAP servers, click ‘Next’ to proceed further. If you find any problem, then you can take Charter help from our support team members.
- Your phone will scan for the settings and check whether they are correctly entered or not. If it confirms, then you can proceed further onto next steps.
- Now, you will be required to enter the outgoing server settings of your email. You need to enter the settings according to the type of account selected. POP3 or IMAP.
- Server name : The server name for IMAP servers is same as that of POP3.
- Port number : It is used to communicate with the servers. The selection of port number depends on the type of security selected.
- None : Select port 25.
- SSL : This stands for secure socket layer. If you want to use this security type. Select 465.
- TLS : Transport Secure layer Protocol used. Select 465 for this security type.
- Require sign-in :
- Checkbox for this requires unchecking.
- Username : Enter the entire email address.
- Password : Enter the password.
- In this step, you will be taken to the account options screen. Select the frequency of checking mails from the options. You need to select this option in order to get the notification after regular interval of time.
- Click ‘Next’.
- This is the finishing step now. You need to enter the name which you want to get displayed on the screen. This will act as an identifier on your phone.
- Click ‘Done’ to start receiving and sending mails from your phone.
In this way, you can setup the email account. If you find any problem, then you can take help from the Charter Email Support link.