Most of the times, your Charter mail functions seamlessly without creating any problem. You just need to enter the login details and you will start receiving the messages on your device. However, occasionally there are some problems which may arise and create a problem in opening the mail.
This Problem mainly happens due to a server problem, connectivity problem or if you are missing any important information that is required to be entered in the account setup process.
Now, we are going to discuss the troubleshooting steps to fix different Charter email issues on your new iPad. Read the guide carefully.
Problem 1 : The new iPad is not getting any new mail : Occasionally, when you open the app you may receive an error message which says, ‘The mail couldn’t be retrieved’. The very step to fix this problem is; checking the network connection.
Check the Wi-Fi status indicator on the home screen of your device. You will find 3G/4G indication on it depending on the type of subscription or pack you have selected. If you don’t find any indication on the screen then follow the steps for your Charter Com Login.
- Go to ‘settings’ from the home screen.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings and check the status whether it is turned on or off.
- Check whether the home Wi-Fi router name is getting displayed in the list of available networks or not. If not, then you need to join the network manually.
- Enter the passcode of network manually if required.
- If you are using a 4G iPad’s and want to check the cellular data, then go to account section and check the login information whether the information entered is correct or not. If you find any problem, then you can call your operator.
If you are still getting problem, then go to actual settings of your email account.
- Go to ‘settings’.
- Go to ‘Mail, contacts and calendars’ tab.
- Click on ‘Charter email login’ from the list of accounts.
- Check whether the login information entered by you is correct or not. If you find any problem, then re-enter the login details.
Your email will verify the account, if you find any problem then you can perform the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
- Go to Mail, calendar section again and click on the charter email account.
- Ensure that your account is turned on for POP3 account type.
If you are still having any problem, then delete the account and re-install it.
- If the account is IMAP type, then all the messages can be restored from the server and will get retrieved on the account.
- After resetting, ensure that your account has been verified from the server end and works fine.
The iPad is not sending your email
In case, you are receiving the messages successfully but not able to send the mail from your Charter, then check the SMTP or outgoing mail server of your email. The steps to check the SMTP server settings are :
- Go to Mail, contacts and calendars tab.
- Touch on Charter email.
- Go to ‘SMTP server settings’.
- You must ensure that your charter email connected to the email server in a question is turned on.
- If it is switched off, then turn it on.
- If you find a number of email servers available in the list, then you can try turning on one by one and send the email again.
- If the server is on and you are getting problem, then call at Charteremail support number or check the Primary server list whether it is grayed out or not.
If you are still facing any trouble, then you can go to Charter Help link and read step by step guide given on this page.