Are you getting problem in accessing the junk mail folder and unread mail tabs of your Road Runner Web Mail after performing outlook update? If yes, then nothing to get upset. This is a normal issue and can be easily fixed through simple steps. Besides, the above-mentioned issues, some users are getting the problem in downloading the attachment, reading the mail from the inbox. All these issues can be resolved with a simple fix.
1st issue: Mails getting forwarded to the Safe list:
If you have already set this option in your mail, then all the junk folder mails will first go to the Safe list, then will appear in the inbox folder. However, all mails that are sent through unsafe email address will directly receive in the inbox folder.
Solution: To fix this problem, you need to perform an update on the Outlook program. For this open ‘File’ then go to ‘Account’ and finally on ‘Update now’ option.
2nd issue: Mail tabs for unread mail and all mails are unavailable in outlook
If all the primary tabs of your Roadrunner mail are disappeared from the outlook screen, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps to get back to this.
If you have installed Outlook version 1703 or higher, then the menus like sort, filter, mail folder and arrange by will start appearing on the screen. You can open any of these menus from the drop-down option.
If you want to check the current version, open ‘File’ and click on ‘Office account’.
How to filter and arrange the RR messages on Outlook account?
To filter the Roadrunner messages according to different categories like ‘Read’, ‘Unread’ and ‘Mentioned’ option, you will have to set the menus accordingly. You can also set the messages according to the date and time they have received.
Once you add the filter option to the Ribbon menu of outlook, you can start accessing it from the home screen only.
How to use quick access toolbar?
Quick Access toolbar option is available to open the menus directly. You can add any folder, menu or option to the Quick Access toolbar. Take, for example, if you want to add ‘Unread’ folder in this toolbar, then you can do so by the following method:
- Open ‘Search’ and click on ‘Search box’.
- Now, enter ‘Unread’ here. You will find this in the list of options. Click to add it to the Quick Access toolbar.
- In the same way, to add ‘Arrange by’ menu. You can click on it from the search window.
- If you want to edit it further, you can do so from Ribbon menu.
- Adding group in the mail is also possible through the Quick Access toolbar.
- To make any changes to the existing group, you can edit it from the Ribbon menu.
- To add different commands to the Quick Access Toolbar, you need to click on ‘Choose commands from’ box.
- If you have made any new group and want to move to the top of the list, then click ‘Up’ option.
- Tap ‘Done’ to save all changes.
This procedure can also be implemented for ‘Arrange By’ function. If you want to add this function to the toolbar, then add this in the same manner in which you have added filter option.