Do you want to configure the Charter Email in Microsoft outlook 2007? If yes, then there are very simple steps which we are going to discuss today. You require an email address and password of your charter mail to configure it on outlook 2007.
If you are using Microsoft outlook version 2007 and higher, then this guide will be proven helpful for you. Read all the steps carefully and implement on the device. Once you successfully configured the email account, you will be able to read the messages from charter com login.
An important information for you is that when you enter the email address, then enter it completely along with @ symbol. The charter email login password should be same as the one you used to login to the account. Any mismatch may create a problem in accessing the mail.
The steps to configure the account in the 2007 version outlook and its higher versions are discussed below :
- Open the ‘File’ tab from ‘Microsoft outlook’ page.
- Go to ‘Info’ tab and click on ‘Add account’ menu. You will find this option at the end of the menu.
- Enter the username in the first field. This name will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter email address which must be complete within all parameters. The suffix must be entered carefully.
- Enter the password in the next field carefully.
- Press the password twice to confirm the submission.
- Tap ‘Submit’ to confirm the submission. Once the information is entered properly, click Finish to complete the setup.
If you find that the auto setup process doesn’t get properly configured, then you need to configure it on your own by applying different addresses.
How to set up an account manually :
- Go to ‘Manual’ settings and click on ‘Additional servers’.
- Follow the guided instructions to finish the process. For any help and support, you can go to Microsoft support page.
- Go to ‘Server Settings’ and enter the settings for incoming server settings and outgoing mail server settings. The address for both the servers is almost same.
- Port numbers: For port number, go to ‘More settings’ and tap on the information page. Go to outgoing server tab given under list of servers.
- Enable outgoing server authentication. The same settings should be enabled for the Incoming mail server.
- Tap on advanced settings and check mark the options according to the preference.
- The port number for the incoming and outgoing server will be 993 and 587. If you find any problem, you can go to Charter email support link.
- When asked for ‘Security encryption’, tap ‘None’.
Now, it’s the time to check the account settings and validate online. The steps for configuring the email account on outlook 2007 are discussed below :
- Tap on ‘Account settings’ given under outlook program.
- You will find email option. Click on ‘Email’.
- Enter the details related to the account in the next couple of fields. You need to enter the username and email address in the boxes.
- When asked for a password. Enter the password you used to login to the account. You may require to enter it twice due to authentication purpose.
- If you keep on getting the wrong password error, then go to Charter Help link and enter the query in the forum.
- Click ‘OK’ to finish the setup.
In this way, you will be able to configure the charter email account in outlook 2007. In case you still find any problem, you can contact us at our given toll-free number.