There has been a significant growth in Mac OS operating systems reported in few years. This new OS is doing great in the market. It is loaded with lots of amazing features and functionalities. The email setup process on Mac OS X is very easy. The steps are going to discuss in this post.
- Click on ‘Mail’ icon from the menu bar.
- Select ‘Preferences’ and go to ‘Accounts’ menu.
- Now, click on the ‘+’ icon under create a new account. You will find a list of email service provider. If the email program is available in the list, then click on it.
- Type the complete email address and password. You may require entering name here.
- Click to continue to next step. Select type of account in next step. You need to select IMAP or POP3 type account.
- Enter the server settings for the above-mentioned account type.
- Account type: It can be POP or POP3
- Incoming mail server: Mail.TWC.com
- Incoming server: POP port: 995
- Outgoing mail server: Mail.twc.com
- Outgoing server: SMTP port: 587
- Inbound and outbound names of the server: Enter your full email address, which can be your name and Roadrunner suffix. Yourname.Rr.com
- Password for inbound and outbound: Enter the password you used to login to the account.
- SMTP Server Requires Authentication: Checked
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: mail.twc.com
- Incoming server port: IMAP port 993.
- Outgoing mail server: mail.twc.com
- Outgoing server port: SMTP port 587
- Username for inbound and outbound: Enter complete email address which can be your name followed by Roadrunner.com or rr.com.
- Inbound and outbound password: Email password
- SMTP server authentication required: Click to select this option.
- Before clicking on ‘Continue’ don’t forget to click on the box, which says ‘Take my account online’.
- Click to create an account.
- You will find an envelope on the left-hand top of the screen. Click to start receiving new emails.
- To change or edit the information of your account, go to ‘Preferences’.
- Click on the email address or account you want to edit. This will redirect you to the particular email account page.
- Enter the email address in the field given below POP server address. In case you have deleted any page or settings by mistake, your whole data related to the settings will get erased and you won’t be able to retrieve again. In case you are using an SMTP server, then you need to click on ‘Edit’ option under SMTP settings. Go to ‘Outgoing mail server’ drop-down menu.
- Edit the email account by double tapping on the option given on the page. Don’t forget to enter an email address.
- If you want to set up an SMTP port or authentication, then over to ‘Advanced’ tab.
At last, click ‘OK’ to complete the setup process.