Are you getting the problem in accessing your Roadrunner Mail from a distant location? If yes, then it can be irritating for you because all your important emails will be missed. If you are getting the problem in sending messages from your Roadrunner email account when you are away from home, then read this post. Here are some suggestions, which will help you in fixing sending problem.
- When you are away from home, then you can use Wi-Fi network or a hotspot for accessing your email account.
- When you log in to the wireless network, your account will start syncing automatically. You will find that your account keeps on receiving mails, but when you try to send an email, then you may run into some problem, i.e., your email could get blocked.
- But, the problem vanishes as soon as your reach back home, and your email begins to work properly.
- Have you tried to send the same message from your tablet? If not, then you will be amazed to know that everything will work normally.
A number of users have faced the problem of sending a mail from the Roadrunner email. So, there is nothing to worry. By applying simple and easy steps, you can troubleshoot the problem. Follow the steps, which are discussed here as under. In case of any problem or support, you can call us at email support number. You can check the problem whether it persists on webmail also or not.
The steps, which we are going to discuss now have been verified and tested by a number of users. So you can implement them without any trouble.
- Change the port number for your outgoing mail server. If your Roadrunner mail support SSL, then enable it and change to another number from default port number. IF no SSL feature supports your Roadrunner email, then you can set the port number to 587. If you find that no other port works on the mail, then call Roadrunner mail support.
- Turn on SMTP authentication.
- If you have included your name in the Roadrunner email address, then add it as it is. Don’t forget to enter the port number for your hosting.
- If you are still getting the same problem, then it is wiser to access mail from webmail rather than opening it on email programs like Microsoft Outlook.
- If the above-mentioned step doesn’t solve your problem, then you must call at email support number. The technical experts sitting at the help desk will definitely help you in solving the technical glitch. Just share your problem, personal details like name and country from where you are calling with them, rest they will do on their own.
- If you have installed any third party antivirus software on your computer, then disable it for a minute and turn off SSL feature as well. If the problem gets solved, then there is definitely a problem with the security. Your antivirus may keep on blocking the Roadrunner servers due to a security breach.