Emails in your Charter email are arranged according to the categories, but sometimes, these categories can create issues. Therefore, it is recommended to remove the categories in the inbox section. Today, we are going to learn how to add or remove inbox category in Charter Email Support.
Categories are made in order to make things easier for the users, but at times these categories make things difficult. If it is some promotional offer from restaurant or café, then it will receive under promotional category only. In the same, you will receive the important message under the important tag. This is the amazing feature for users who receive more than 100 messages in a day.
Now, we are going to discuss that how can you add or remove the inbox categories in Charter email in this blog post. The process for removing and adding inbox categories is slightly different for iPad, Android, and computer. Today we are going to discuss in relation to the computer, meaning if you want to add or remove through your computer then follow the below-mentioned way:
Choose your inbox style:
- Open Charter email from the internet browser.
- Click on the settings displayed in the top right corner.
- Open settings.
- Now tap on the inbox.
- In the inbox set the priority, you can select unread starred or default first based on your priority. The selection will be set to your priority inbox.
- You can filter the emails according to the importance by going to settings and select on ‘whether to show importance markers’ or not.
Add or remove categories:
If you are unable to watch the tags in your inbox, then follow the below-mentioned steps to retain the tabs in your inbox.
- Open the Google mail.
- Click on the settings again.
- Configure inbox from there under settings.
- Now choose the category from the list of categories in the box. If you have not selected any tab then all the messages will appear in your primary inbox.
- You have the option to choose the starred messages to be displayed in the primary Tab also. Checkmark the related box.
- Click on the save option.
- Open the particular message you want to move.
- Simply Drag and Drop the message from one category to another with the help of mouse.
In spite of all these functions, you can also use category labels to search and filter the emails. All the emails are automatically sorted according to the category in the first 5 categories by default. If you want to see the emails in the category, then go through the following points.
- Open Charter email.
- Click on more under the compose icon. You may need to scroll down to look for this option.
- Click on the category name after pressing the down arrow that is punctured at the left of the categories.
If you want to show categories on your label, then:
- The first step is same as earlier one.
- The second step is also likewise the former step as discussed in the previous step.
- In ‘messaging list’ click on the show menu. The option will start displaying the categories.
- You can search by the category name by typing the name preceded by the category name. You will see the list of messages displayed on your screen with the category label and name.
- If you want to change the notification for every category, then you can do so by getting into the notification settings.
If you can’t turn on inbox categories: The reason behind this can be the overload messages in your inbox. If you received more than 2.5 lac emails in your inbox, then you won’t be able to switch on the category.