To add a new email into Windows live mail, you need to perform certain steps which are mentioned in this guide. If you follow these steps, you will be able to get Charter Email on your windows live mail.
Now the steps to add new account on Windows Live are discussed here as under :
- Switch on your computer and go to ‘Start’ button and search for ‘Mail’ menu in the search tab.
- Select Windows live mail from the option.
- Click on ‘Accounts’ option from the toolbar.
- Now enter the server settings manually in the given fields. If you have not clicked on ‘Email’ option before adding the manual settings, then you won’t be able to get this page.
Note : If you have changed the Charter Com Login password on spectrum.net, then the same changed will be applied on windows live mail also. Any mismatching in the password will not allow you to successfully sign in to the account.
- In the given fields, you need to enter the email address, password and display name of your account. Don’t forget to check mark ‘Manual configure’ settings option.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Fill the email settings in the next fields and click ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘Finish’.
Email Settings For Your Charter Email Login
To enjoy the best mailing experience on the system, follow the below-mentioned settings and fill all the fields in accordance with it. These settings will work on all PC, laptop, smartphone, tablet, and Ereader and particularly if you are setting up charter email, then these settings will work best for you.
- Your name: Enter your name in this field.
- Email address: Email address will be the Charter email address followed by @ net.
- Account Type: Under this field, you need to select IMAP from POP/IMAP option.
- Incoming mail server address: Enter mobile.charter.net in the server address.
- Outgoing mail server: Here you need to enter the same server address which is entered in the incoming email address field.
- Under sign in information, enter the Username and password in the given fields. You need to enter your email address in the username field and login password in the password field. In case you forgot your password, then go to official charter login link from the browser and click on ‘Forgot password’ option. Here you will find a link to reset the password. Enter the new password in the windows live mail setup window.
- Incoming server port number: Enter 993 as a port number for the incoming server.
- Outgoing server port number: Enter 587 in the outgoing port number field.
- SSL: You must turn on this setting both for IMAP as well as for POP.
- Require authentication: If you are asked this question, then say ‘Yes’ and click on ‘continue’.
This is all about setting up Spectrum charter email on windows live mail app. If you find any problem in setting up the mail even after reading the above steps, then you can go to Charter Help link from the official page. There you will find a complete guide for a particular device and step wise instructions will be given on the screen.
Apart from this, if you want to setup charter email on multiple devices, then you can do so easily and transfer your email account from one client to another with the help of simple steps. If you are unclear with the steps, then you can call at Charter email support number provided on the main page. The technical experts at our help desk will guide you in a most convenient and easy way and you will be able to get the same account on multiple devices.