The below-mentioned steps will help you in configuring Charter Email on iPhone 8 and X apple model on the home internet.
First of all, we will discuss the process to connect the Apple phone to the home network. Read all the steps carefully if you find any problem you can take support from the web Charter help page.
- Go to phone settings by unlocking it.
- Click on ‘Wi-Fi’ option.
- You will find the list of networks available to connect. Click on the one you want to connect.
- You must check that the Wi-Fi is turned on at your home.
- Enter the password for the connection. You will be prompted for the same.
- Click to join the network.
- If you find a problem in connecting to the network, then check the password and retry on the same network.
Hidden Wireless Network : If you find that the Wi-Fi network with which you want to connect is not available on the list of available devices, then you need to enter the correct name of the network. For this, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps :
- Open settings and go to Wi-Fi.
- You must ensure that the home network is turned on.
- Click on ‘Other’ from the list of given networks.
- Enter the name of the network you want to join. Go to Security and select its type. If you find any problem in configuring the network you can contact the internet service provider.
- Now, go back to the previous screen by clicking on ‘Other Network’.
- Enter the password to connect to the network.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps to configure Charter com login on a mobile device. We all know very well that to access the account, you need to configure it first.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Mail’.
- Tap on accounts under mail and ‘Add an account’.
- If the name of the mail provider is given in the list, then click on it. If not, then go to ‘Other account’ to connect to the network.
- You need to enter the below-mentioned information for your Charter email login.
- Name: Enter the name you want to display on the front screen.
- Email: Enter the complete email address along with @ symbol.
- Password: Here, this is also called an email account password, you used to login to the account.
- Description: This will be used to identify you. You can easily identify your account from the description.
- If you are prompted to enter the settings for your email account, then enter the settings as per given on the home page and click ‘Next’ to proceed further.
- Tap ‘Save’ to save and verify the settings.
Email settings :
- Username: As already told, this is the email address of your account.
- Password: This is the one you used to login to the account.
- SSL: This must be turned on for SMTP and IMAP.
- Protocol: IMAP
- Incoming mail server address: This is mobile.charter.net
- Outgoing server address: This is same as that of incoming server address.
- Port number: 993 for incoming and 587 for outgoing server.
- Authentication: Click ‘Yes’ and submit.
Important : If you are using the POP and IMAP account at the same time, then you will receive an error on POP enabled multiple devices. You will keep on getting the error message when you try to send and receive the messages from your account. It is therefore recommended to use IMAP settings on all gadgets. For more help and support, call at Charter Email Support number.