Configuring SBCGlobal mail on Droid 4 is a very simple task. It doesn’t require any expertise. If you have purchased a new Motorola phone, then here are some steps which will help you in configuring SBCGlobal mail on it. We recommend you to please pay kind attention to this post.
For your information, we want to mention here that the steps which we are going to mention today are already verified and tested OK by SBCGlobal team. So, you can continue performing these steps without any fear.
We can setup SBCGlobal mail in multiple ways. We are discussing these 2 ways with you. The two ways include Auto-configuration mode and another one is Manual configuration.
- Hit on ‘Apps’ icon from the home screen of your phone.
- Select ‘Accounts’.
- Click to add a new account.
- You are required to click on ‘Others’ from email accounts section.
- Enter SBCGlobal email address along with the domain name.
- You will be prompted to enter the mail password in the next field.
- Select ‘Auto-configured’ method.
- Your device will be connected to SBCGlobal account.
Apart from this, if you want to configure the SBCGlobal mail manually, then follow the steps mentioned here as under:
Manual setup: To receive and send messages on your SBC account, you need proper configuration. The steps for Droid 4 are:
- Go to ‘Apps’ from home screen.
- Select ‘Email account’.
- Click to add a new account.
- Enter your SBCGlobal email name in the provider list followed by email address.
- Enter the password for account you used to log in with. This must be entered carefully.
- Uncheck ‘Auto-configuration’ mode by disabling the option. Untick the box given in front of auto mode. For more help, you can contact SBCGlobal support.
- Open General settings and enter the information as per asked from you. In case of any clarification, you can contact the support team.
- Click ‘OK’ to close the opened screen. You must save the data before closing the window.
- Now, enter incoming server settings. For this, you can go to SBCGlobal technical support. You can also go to mail server name list to check the name of your server.
- Select POP3 mail server.
- Open ‘Advanced settings’ and use ‘Safe mode’ for connection.
- Enter port number 995.
- Enable ‘Secure password connection’ option and change it to ‘Auto’ mode from manual mode.
- If prompted for authentication, Select ‘Password’.
- Click ‘OK’ to verify the connection and server settings.
- Now go to outgoing server setting window and enter the username of your SBCGlobal mail.
- Enter the port number for outgoing server and click OK.
- Enter 465 in the number field.
- Turn on SSL for authentication purpose.
- Click again to verify the settings.
- Select OK.
- Now, check if the desired settings are configured or not.
- Click ‘OK’.
This is how you can configure SBCGlobal on your Droid 4. If you are still having any problem or doubt, then you can call at SBCGlobal technical support. The team of experts is there to help you with every kind of problem.