To enjoy best mailing experience on a desktop, you require the proper installation of email service on it otherwise, you may get the problem in the near future. The process of configuring the charter mail on the desktop is slightly different from installing it on mobile.
Today, we are going to provide the easy steps to configure Charter email on the desktop. After reading these steps, you will be able to configure on your own. If you find any problem, you can contact email service provider.
The setting steps which we are going to discuss with you are verified by the Charter email executives. We have tried to make you understand in a simple and easy language. If you still find any problem, you can take help from Charter email support link
- The very first and the foremost step is to open the Charter email login link from the desktop browser.
- Enter your name in the first field.
- Enter email address along with the Charter suffix.
- Enter server settings for your incoming as well as the outgoing server. If prompted to select the ‘Account type’. Click on ‘IMAP’.
- Incoming mail server address: IMAP.charter.net
- Outgoing mail server address: SMTP.charter.net.
Now, you are required to enter the login information again in the next couple of boxes. Enter the username along with complete email address.
Enter password: Enter the password you used to login to the account. You must enter the password carefully.
Now open advanced settings from the outgoing mail server tab. Click on the box, which says, ‘Use same settings for outgoing mail server’. Click to mark the box which says, ‘Require authentication’.
Enter the port number and the mail server address for your different server settings.
For incoming mail server enter 143 in the port number field.
For outgoing server, enter 25 in the port number field.
If asked for security type, click ‘None’.
Now start sending and receiving the emails on your Charter email account on the desktop. If you are getting the problem by sending, then check whether you are signed in to the account or not.
To install the same mail on more than one device, you need a mail client program. The username and the password will remain same for all the devices. Other settings include:
Incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail server settings. Instead of writing SMTP or POP, enter mobile as a prefix for the server address. Now, you are required to enter the login name and password to login to the account from the mobile. This must be entered carefully.
- Select Port 993 for the incoming mail server.
- Select 587 for outgoing server.
- Don’t forget to enable SSL security for your mobile email. This is required for protection again spam and hackers.
- Click on the box which says, ‘Require authentication’.
In this way, you can configure the Charter Email on your desktop. We hope you will be able to set up the account. If you find a problem in understanding the points or getting the problem in configuring the incoming and outgoing server settings, then you can call us at our support number or take support from Charter help link. If you want to transfer your account from one device to another then you can transfer it easily without any problem. It is important to mention here that Charter Communication is popular for providing high-speed internet services to the people of US.