All people who are using Charter Email should keep in mind that the company has beefed its security by updating its email client settings. So, if you are one of those users, then you need to check whether your email software client, which could be MS Outlook, MS Outlook Express or any other client has the most recent configuration. More information about this can be found on the official site of Charter email.
Charter email works fine on any device with any operating system. Moreover, you can configure Charter email with any email client, let it be Gmail or Outlook or any other for that matter. But, people have complained recently that they have been not able to access Charter email on Windows Live. This problem can be resolved by getting in touch with email experts or by following below-mentioned steps.
Before changing the email client settings, you need to make sure that they have following email settings:
- Incoming mail server (POP3): this will be ‘mobile.charter.net’.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): this will be ‘mobile.charter.net’.
- Incoming Server Port Numbers: 993.
- Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 587.
- For incoming and outgoing email servers, SSL encryption needs to be enabled.
- For more details regarding settings, you can call at Charter email customer phone number.
After you add these settings are added into a Charter email account, then you need to right-click on your Charter email account name, which is given in the folder pane and then, select ‘properties’.
You will have to open ‘servers’ tab and add below-mentioned information in the right way:
- Change the names of server and enter new ones, which are given above.
- Your email username has to be your Charter email username.
- You need to select ‘my server requires authentication’ option.
Now, go to ‘Advanced’ tab and do the following:
- You need to select the option that says ‘this server requires SSL’ for both, incoming server and outgoing server.
- Replace server ports with those mentioned above.
After you make all the changes, it’s time for you to close down Windows Live mail and wait for a few minutes. The reason for waiting is to allow the program to reload itself with the new settings. After all the settings are changed, it’s time for you to launch the program and send a test mail to your email ID. If you receive the test email, then you can jump in the air with joy, but if not, then you can get in touch with my email helpline because only experts can assist you with this issue. This problem generally dissipates after changing the settings, but if there is one more issue involved along with it, then you should not hesitate in taking help of experts.