Do you use a Mac Computer? If yes, then is it working on MacOS Sierra? If the answer to that question is also a ‘Yes’, then you are using one of the most refined operating systems in the world. Now, if you are looking to set up an email in MacOS Sierra, then you need to follow the below-mentioned guide, as we have explained the entire process of setting up Roadrunner Email in Mac OS Sierra.
This email set up guide is for IMAP setting with NO SSL, so you need to keep these settings in order to set up your email in the right way.
Adding A New Email Account
- You need to launch ‘Mail’.
- Select ‘mail’ from the toolbar that is given at the top, and after that, select the option named ‘add account’.
Other Mail Account
- There will be an option named ‘other mail account’ that you have to select.
- Enter your email details such as your name, email address, and password.
- After entering all the details, click ‘sign in’.
- Complete the settings by entering the right information in the following fields:
- Username: Enter your full email address.
- Account Type: You can choose IMAP or POP, but it is recommended to choose IMAP.
- You need to use an IP address instead of incoming and outgoing email server in case the domains are still in propagation or transfer.
- Ignore the option that says, ‘unable to verify account name or password’.
- Click ‘sign in’ now.
- You need to ignore two server identity messages, and after that, click ‘continue’.
- If you want, then you can add a certificate to your trust settings in order to avoid seeing this message in the future.
- Select the option named ‘any apps’ and then, click ‘Done’.
Your RR email is now set up, and you are going to see RR email account in the list along with other email accounts. If you want to access this email without any hassle, then you can implement below-mentioned tweaks.
- From the top menu, you need to select ‘mail’ and then, ‘preferences’.
- On ‘accounts’ tab, you need to select that new account from the list, which you can find on the left-hand side. After that, click ‘server settings’.
Here are some important customizations that you can do:
- Uncheck the boxes corresponding to ‘Automatically manage connection settings’ for an incoming mail server as well as an outgoing mail server. With this, you will see additional fields on the screen.
- Select ‘advanced IMAP settings’.
- Now, select the option named ‘allow insecure authentication’ and then, click ‘OK’.
- Uncheck the boxes that are corresponding to ‘Use TSL/SSL’ for incoming as well as outgoing mail servers.
- Under ‘outgoing mail server’ option, click the drop-down arrow at ‘account’.
- There will be an option named ‘Edit SMTP Server List’ that you will have to select.
- Check the option that says ‘Allow insecure authentication’.
- Click ‘OK’ and then, click ‘Save’.
With this, your RR email has now been set up. You can use it without any problem now. But, in case, you come across any issue, then you can take help of the Device Help, as they are experts in fixing issues in email services.