Have you set up RR Email on your Mac OS Sierra? If yes, then I’m assuming that you have followed the right procedure because if there is any problem, then you won’t be able to access your email properly. If you are encountering errors while using your RR email Mac OS Sierra, then you will have to perform the right troubleshooting steps, which apparently are given below.
Check Account Settings
- To do that, you need to choose ‘mail’ followed by ‘preferences’, which you can find on the top menu.
- On ‘accounts’ tab, you need to select the relevant account from the list that is given on the left side of the computer’s screen, and check:
- If the option named ‘enable this account’ is checked.
- If the ‘download attachments’ option is set according to your preference.
- Click the option named ‘Server Settings’.
- Check the following things:
Incoming mail server (IMAP)
- Enter your full email address in the ‘username’ field.
- Enter the password to your email ID. If you have forgotten the password, then you can retrieve it
- Your hostname is ‘mail.domain’. Or, you can choose a specific server name or IP address of the domain.
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
- Enter your full email address in ‘username’ field.
- Now, enter the password to that email address.
- In ‘Hostname’ is ‘smtp.domain’. Or, you can choose a specific server name or IP address of that domain.
- There will be boxes corresponding to ‘automatically manage connection settings’ for incoming and outgoing mail servers, which you need to uncheck. Doing that will make you see the additional fields.
- 5. Select ‘advanced IMAP settings’ now.
- You need to uncheck the boxes corresponding to ‘Use TSL/SSL’ for incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- There will be a drop-down arrow under outgoing mail server (SMTP) option, which you need to click. From the list, select ‘account’ option.
- Select ‘edit SMTP server’ list.
- Check if the box corresponding to ‘allow insecure authentication’ is ticked.
- Now, click ‘Ok’ followed by ‘save’.
Note: You will only be able to select this option if there are changes in the settings. With this, your Mac OS Sierra has now been set up in the right way.
If the problem still persists, and you are not able to access your RR email, then you need to get in touch with the Device Help. They are experts in the field of email troubleshooting, so taking their assistance is perhaps the best thing you can do to bring your RR email to a normal state.