Many email users have a question in their minds that whether they can set up MS Outlook Email With Gmail. Well, they all know that they can configure any email with MS Outlook, but they wanted to know if MS Outlook can be configured with any other email service or not. Well, let us find this out in the blog post below.
Configuring the Outlook and Gmail account settings:
Most of the people today use the Microsoft Outlook 2007 mainly to send and receive emails from Microsoft Exchange. Apart from this, there is also an option to configure your Outlook to access your Google Gmail account as well your other email accounts such as Yahoo or Hotmail, all of them from your Outlook client. The following guide will take you through the required steps of configuring of both of your Gmail and Outlook client which will eventually lead to the viewing of Gmail emails in Outlook.
The first thing that is required is to essentially have a Gmail account, if you do not have a Gmail account please proceed to the Google web page and then click on the link which states Gmail at the top of the page. Now you have to create a new account on this page by entering your details. If you have never signed up for kind of Google services, then there is an option to create a new email account. Complete the necessary formalities by entering the required details such as name, contact number, etc. You can easily setup your Outlook to handle your current Gmail account as a POP3 or as an IMAP.
Once you have either logged in to the account or have created a new account and you have the Gmail page in on your screen, perform the following steps:
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click on Forwarding and IMAP/POP option on the page.
- Now in the IMAP section, click on Enable radio button corresponding to IMAP option, and then Click on ‘Save Changes’ button.
Now, you will have to configure your Outlook account, as your Gmail is configured:
- Firstly open Outlook and click on Tools in the menu bar.
- Click Account settings and select the Email tab in the Account Settings dialog box and then click on “New”.
- Now POP3, IMAP, or HTTP should be already checked, if not, click and check it then click Next.
- Next is the Auto Account Setup and the only thing that needs to be done here is to check the “Additional server types or manually configure server settings” checkbox that is located in the bottom left-hand corner. Once checked, click the Next button.
- Select the Internet E-mail radio button must already be checked by default if it does not so click and check it and click ‘Next’.
- Provide your name and Gmail email address in the boxes.
- Under Server Info, click on the drop-down and select IMAP.
- Now for Incoming email server: type gmail.com in the textbox to right.
- Also, for the Outgoing email server (SMTP): type in smtp.gmail.com in the textbox.
- Now for Login Information provide your Google Gmail id in User Name text box.
- Type your Gmail password in the Password text box, and then click on the “More Settings”.
- Select Outgoing Server tab and select “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
- Now select advanced tab and type in 993 in the IMAP box and then, choose SSL from the dropdown list.
- Now type in 587 in SMTP box and after that, choose TLS from the dropdown list.
- Lastly Click on OK button then click on Next button then on Finish Button.
- Now restart outlook and test.
Your Outlook Mail will start working with Gmail, but in case, it doesn’t happen, then you should call email helpline number to know the right troubleshooting steps.