Are you trying to set up SBCGlobal email on Mac OS Sierra? If yes, then you will have to take the assistance from an email expert, especially if you are doing something like this for the very first time. We in this blog post will guide you regarding SBCGlobal set up process on Mac OS Sierra.
The following email set up guide is for IMAP setting where SSL security type has also been disabled. So, if you are using these settings, then the below-mentioned steps will work for you in the best way.
Adding A New Email Account:
- You will have to launch ‘Mail’ option.
- Choose ‘mail’ from the toolbar that you see at the top followed by selecting the option named ‘add account’.
Other Mail Account:
- Select the option named ‘other mail account’.
- Fill in your email details like your name, email address, and password.
- Once all the details have been entered, click ‘sign in’.
- You need to complete the settings by entering the right information in the right fields.
- In ‘Username’ box, type in your full email address.
- In ‘account type’, you need to select either ‘POP’ or ‘IMAP’. It is advised that you choose IMAP.
- Instead of using incoming mail server and outgoing mail server, you need to use IP address if the domains are still in transfer or propagation.
- Don’t make any change to ‘unable to verify account name or password’ option.
- Click ‘sign in’ option now.
- There is two servers identify messages that you have to ignore followed by clicking ‘continue’.
- You have the option of adding a certificate to your trust settings so that you avoid seeing any error message in the future.
- There is an option named ‘any apps’, which you need to select followed by clicking ‘Done’.
Your SBCGlobal email has been set up now, so you will be able to see SBCGlobal email account along with other email accounts. If you want to keep things smoother, then you can follow below-mentioned tweaks.
- Select ‘mail’ > ‘Preferences’ from the top menu.
- Select ‘new account’ from the list that you can find in ‘accounts’ tab. This tab is available on the left side of the screen. Once you’ve clicked ‘new account’, then click ‘server settings’.
You can also do some customizations to make email accessing a much better experience.
- Uncheck the boxes given opposite to ‘automatically manage connection settings’ for the incoming and outgoing mail server. You will be able to see additional fields on the screen with this.
- Select ‘advanced IMAP settings’ now.
- Select ‘allow insecure authentication’ option followed by clicking, ‘OK’.
- Uncheck the boxes given right next to ‘Use TSL/SSL’ for the incoming and outgoing mail server.
- Click ‘drop-down arrow’ in ‘outgoing mail server’ option. Select the option named ‘account’ in that drop-down list.
- Select ‘edit SMTP server list’.
- Check ‘allow insecure authentication’ option.
- Click ‘Ok’ followed by clicking ‘save’
Now, your SBCGlobal has been properly set up with all necessary customizations. But, if you come across any issue, then you can take the assistance of My Email Helpline. They will assist you in the most suitable way.