AT&T is a global mail used by many people due to its distinguished and special features which you will not find on any other complimentary mail service like TWC, RCN, and Frontier. People use this account for receiving personal messages in the inbox. However, there are some users who are complaining about unwanted promotional emails received in their inbox without their consent. They said that they don’t want to receive such emails and don’t know the steps to stop them from receiving. If you are the sufferer of this same issue, then we are here to help you.
Today, in this guide we are going to give some suggestions by implementing it, you can bar the unwanted messages in your inbox. If you are getting the problem in receiving messages from the known sender, then there is need to check the incoming mail settings of your account. If everything except this problem is working fine, then follow the steps directly.
The method or technique of blocking the mail in your AT&T email account is very easy if you implement the steps carefully. There is only need for change in the settings after which you can easily get away from unwanted messages. So, pay a closer look at this post and let us know in the end if this post has helped or not.
1st Step: Block particular email address: To block any single email address on your AT&T account, the following steps must be implemented;
- Login to the AT&T email account from the browser.
- Open AT&T settings. It will appear on the top right corner of the login screen.
- Go to ‘Ban or bar email address’ option.
- Enter the address you want to put on the barred list.
- Click ‘Bar’ after entering the email address. You will now stop receiving mails from this email address.
Unblocking the mail address: In case, you have blocked the wrong email address and want to unblock it, then this option is available in AT&T mail settings.
- Open ‘Barred or banned’ email addresses list from the login page.
- Select mail address you want to unblock.
- Double click on it to verify your move.
- You will get a prompt message on screen when you unblock any email address.
- Click to save the settings.
- Try sending mails from that email address. If you receive email successfully, then it means the blocked account is now unblocked.
Additional information: There is some additional information related to blocked or barred messages which we are going to discuss with you now.
- When you block any address from your AT&T mail, you will not be able to receive even a single mail after this move. Even the previously received messages from the same account will not get accessed.
- All the messages related to the blocked email address will be moved from the inbox, spam and trash folder permanently.
- If the message from the same email address still receives then there might be some problem with the account or your account has been compromised.
For more information related to AT&T mail or hacked account, you can contact SBCGlobal Or AT&T Mail Support team.