Accessing all the emails at one place is definitely a kind of comfort that every email users hope for. But, it is really easy to get all your emails at one place and in today’s blog post, we will be discussing that only. The steps for accessing your emails from Gmail on your Outlook Email Account are given in the blog post below.
The motive behind getting emails from Gmail on Outlook email account
Google Mail, also known as Gmail is the most feature-packed platforms that are available in the world today. But, people still want to access their Gmail accounts from their computer without opening the web, and in order to do so, they have ‘MS Outlook’ installed on their PCs.
This software program allows people to see all the messages that arrive in their Gmail accounts on their Outlook accounts. The benefit of Outlook is that all the emails can be accessed at one place, so you don’t have to open separate webmail platforms to access your email accounts.
So, you like this idea of accessing all your email accounts at one place, right? If yes, then let’s move on to the configuration part because that’s how you will be able to see emails from different accounts on your MS Outlook.
You have to option to configure MS Outlook to handle your Gmail account as IMAP or POP3 account. It is up to you to decide that whether you want to enable the corresponding account option in your Google Mail account or not. For that, you will have to go to Gmail settings followed by ‘forwarding and then, POP/IMAP.
Before you could begin the process of configuring MS Outlook with Gmail, you will have to make sure that you know your Gmail email address and password.
1. You need to open the MS Outlook and go to ‘Tools’ followed by Email accounts.
2. You are going to select ‘add a new email account’ in the MS Outlook popup window. After that, click on ‘Next’.
3. Now, you have to select the server, which you will select IMAP or POP3. It basically depends on your needs. After you select the server type, you have to click ‘Next’. I would advise that you should not select IMAP because Gmail is going to keep a copy of your emails, which is the feature of IMAP.
4. Now, you have to specify what MS Outlook Gmail settings are you going to use, such as your Gmail username, password, Outlook Gmail display name, Gmail server addresses, and ports.
5. You will not reach the user information section, where you have to enter your name and your Gmail email address.
6. When you go to server information section, you have to enter Google Email servers.
7. I am sure that you don’t know what’s POP Gmail servers and IMAP Gmail servers for outlook are, so here they are:
POP Gmail Servers:
- Incoming: pop.gmail.com.
- Outgoing: smtp.gmail.com
IMAP Gmail Servers:
- Incoming: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing: smtp.gmail.com
8. It is possible for you to set up a different outgoing mail server as well, which could be your internet service provider’s SMTP server. You can have your own hosted outgoing server as well. But, the problem with having third-party outgoing email server is that you will not be able to access the sent email with your Gmail account.
9. You need to access the login information section in which, you will have to enter your Gmail username and password. You can also click on ‘More settings’ followed by ‘advanced’ window tab.
This is the entire process of configuration has now been explained, so you need to follow these steps in the same manner in order to configure your Outlook with Gmail. If there is any problem, then you can take the help of email help and support providers. They will be able to help you out in the best way. You will find accessing your email a lot more convenient after configuring Gmail with Outlook.