Want to know how to setup SBCGlobal email on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Go through the steps that are given in this post below and you will be able to setup your SBCGlobal email without taking anybody’s help.
Have you recently bought Samsung Galaxy Note 8? If yes, then you must be a professional who wanted to carry out all his work-related tasks on your smartphone. Galaxy Note 8 is built for professionals because it consists of certain features, which makes official tasks a lot easier. But, your tasks can’t be completed without setting up your professional email account on Samsung Galaxy Note 8. In case, you are using SBCGlobal email and are looking to configure your email with Note 8, then you can follow the steps given in the blog post below:
The process of setting up SBCGlobal email on Galaxy Note 8 begins with turning on your smartphone and touching ‘apps’ option from the home screen. After that,
- Tap ‘settings’, then ‘application settings’ and ‘email’.
- In ‘email’ menu, you are going to tap ‘manage accounts’ option and then, tap ‘add +’.
- Enter your email address along with a password, and after that, tap ‘next’.
- Now, you need to choose the type of email account that you wish to set up. There are two types of accounts you can choose from, IMAP or POP3 account.
- It’s time to type in your incoming server settings. This includes your username, which is your email address, your password, server (either IMAP or POP), Port number, security type and delete email from server setting.
- Use inbound.att.net for POP3 server.
- In port number, enter ‘995’.
- For security type, choose ‘SSL’.
It is important for you to keep in mind that your username and password should match, or else, you are going to receive ‘authentication failed’ message.
- Enter smtp.mail.att.net for IMAP server.
- Enter ‘993’ in the port number.
- Security type would be ‘SSL’.
Again, you need to make sure that the username is matched with your email address, otherwise, you are going to get ‘authentication failed’ message.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is going to try to connect to outgoing email server with the settings that you’ve entered above. If the connection is unsuccessful, then you are going to receive an error message. Instead of panicking, you should confirm all the settings and try again. Once successful, you will be taken to the ‘outgoing server settings’ screen.
- You will have to enter outbound.att.net for the outgoing server if using POP3 and enter ‘smtp.mail.att.net’ if using IMAP.
- Type ‘465’ in Port Number.
- For Security Type, choose ‘SSL’.
You will have to select your sync schedule on ‘account options’. You need to tap ‘next’ after making all the changes.
You will be asked to name your email account in which, you need to choose a unique on-screen name. With this unique account name, you will be used to differentiate this account from all other email accounts on your smartphone. You need to type in your name that you would like to be displayed when your contacts receive emails from you. Once you make all the changes, you need to tap ‘done’ to finish the setup process.